Dark Cloud
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

System Wars

+8
KANJI
UndeadLoveDog
zenit
Sutiiven
Public_Monkey
STR!DER
Uriko
Hamkin
12 posters

Go down

Which System do you prefer?

System Wars Vote_lcap82%System Wars Vote_rcap 82% 
[ 9 ]
System Wars Vote_lcap0%System Wars Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
System Wars Vote_lcap18%System Wars Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

System Wars Empty System Wars

Post by Hamkin Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:12 pm

Thought Dark Cloud could have its own system wars so which system do you prefer over the other next gen and why.

I prefer the PS3 over all else. At the moment it sucks because there are no good games out and the price tag is rediculas. This system has the greatest potential of all other systems though due to its superior hardware and game line up for 2008.
Hamkin
Hamkin
Young warrior
Young warrior

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Back to top Go down

System Wars Empty Re: System Wars

Post by Uriko Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:01 am

ps3 fo' sho'. the only thing great about the wii is the controller, the ps3 pwns in everything else. & the 360? um. sorry to say, but rather pitiful in comparison with either of the other two. ^_^;;

but then again, i guess it also depends on the games you want to play & which console it's exclusively sold on.

i'm huge on FF. so i'm buying a ps3 once it's released. (n_n)v
Uriko
Uriko

Number of posts : 188

http://yuckywasabi.multiply.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamkin Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:47 am

Yup can't wait for XIII to come out. XII was a slight let down for me but over all it was still a great game. I just bought myself a 360 the other day... its a decent system but its way to loud, its buggy, and xbox live for the 360 is pittiful. I am constantly getting "message cannot be sent, cant join party, and on games i play after i join a party in match making and the game is about to start it forces my game to leave the game and start looking for another game to play which is BULL!@$%. First time I yelled at a tv before I got so frustrated ^_^.

As for the wii. It does have potential to be a great system but Nintendo is playing it stupid by only sending a few systems to each store a month. It doesnt allow the people who have been trying to get the system to get it and it only causes hate towards nintendo to grow (lots of people i speak to are starting to forsake the Nintendo for their poor marketing plans) and the games are for an age group that its controls wouldnt be as benifitial for. This system could be great if it were to be geared more towards the adult crowed but sadly nintendo still stays to the kiddy theme (though i do dig harvest moon series and the zelda series FAVORITE next to FF)
Hamkin
Hamkin
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriko Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:15 am

**gasp* O_o XII?! was a LETDOWN?!?!?! after FFX, it's pretty tough to create a letdown..!!! >_<
Uriko
Uriko

Back to top Go down

Post by STR!DER Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:51 am

ps3 ftw i mean this year we are going to get so many games metal gear solid 4 devil may cry 4 grand turismo plus playstation store is going to be improved rumble back in the controls plus the price drop i dont see why u wouldent get one.oh plus free online service
STR!DER
STR!DER
Young warrior
Young warrior

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamkin Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:57 pm

haha yea

at the end of the year its technically useless to get it right now since all the games that are out now arent worth it yet.
Hamkin
Hamkin
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Public_Monkey Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:57 pm

i dunno, i like armored core 4 for ps3. i think the games really good, but then again im a huge fan of mech games ^^
Public_Monkey
Public_Monkey

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Back to top Go down

System Wars Empty System wars

Post by Sutiiven Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:47 pm

ok for me playstation because of FF games DMC games and MK lol!
Sutiiven
Sutiiven
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2007-12-27

https://darkcloud.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zenit Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:22 pm

I must admit that ps3 is very interesting, has the FF series and blue ray and high definition, but i go with Wii!
Its a diferent way to play it has good games like zelda and mario ones and since i dont have HDTV its ok.
I just miss the FF games.. maybe in a few years ill buy a cool tv and the ps3.. not yet though
zenit
zenit
New recruit
New recruit

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by UndeadLoveDog Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:24 pm

wow Shocked I think I love this place!! I'm a ps3 fan too! my bro bought it and I can't put it down^^ I love everything about it...
UndeadLoveDog
UndeadLoveDog
True fighter
True fighter

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriko Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:55 pm

UndeadLoveDog wrote:wow Shocked I think I love this place!! I'm a ps3 fan too! my bro bought it and I can't put it down^^ I love everything about it...

you have a ps3??!?!! *hiss* *HISS* *growl*

*wallows in jealousy in the corner*

does anyone have a list of games to play on the ps3 that's good?? so that when i get mine i will know what games to play ^_^
& the wii, too!!! i might get one of those. snazzy controllers.
Uriko
Uriko

Back to top Go down

Post by UndeadLoveDog Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:00 pm

Uriko wrote:
UndeadLoveDog wrote:wow Shocked I think I love this place!! I'm a ps3 fan too! my bro bought it and I can't put it down^^ I love everything about it...

does anyone have a list of games to play on the ps3 that's good?? so that when i get mine i will know what games to play ^_^
don't hurt me >.< I still haven't won Reita yet!!
and lets see...
Assassin's creed was awesome...ratchet and clank was just amazingly fun...Oh cooking mama for the wii is awesome! and so is twilight princess! hmmm.... what else...
UndeadLoveDog
UndeadLoveDog
True fighter
True fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by STR!DER Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:50 pm

UndeadLoveDog wrote:
Uriko wrote:

and lets see...
Assassin's creed was awesome...ratchet and clank was just amazingly fun...Oh cooking mama for the wii is awesome! and so is twilight princess! hmmm.... what else...
oh how was assassins creed i wanted to get some games 4 my ps3 and wondered how that was
STR!DER
STR!DER
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by UndeadLoveDog Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:21 pm

STR!DER wrote:
UndeadLoveDog wrote:
Uriko wrote:

and lets see...
oh how was assassins creed i wanted to get some games 4 my ps3 and wondered how that was
I really liked it^^ though people fail to mention the futuristic part of the game...don't want to say to much
UndeadLoveDog
UndeadLoveDog
True fighter
True fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by STR!DER Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:31 pm

is it a long game to beat?
STR!DER
STR!DER
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by UndeadLoveDog Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:43 pm

not really...If anything I thought it was kinda short.
UndeadLoveDog
UndeadLoveDog
True fighter
True fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamkin Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:52 pm

Uriko wrote:

i peed my pants. ^_^
Hamkin
Hamkin
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriko Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:18 pm

O RLY?
Uriko
Uriko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamkin Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Hamkin wrote:
Uriko wrote:

i peed my pants. ^_^
< MOD ABUSE BREAK OUT THE BAN HAMMER!!!!
Hamkin
Hamkin
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriko Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:45 pm

hey, i gave you fair warning.
also, your post isn't related to the thread topic. do you want to be banned??
this is your second warning.
Uriko
Uriko

Back to top Go down

Post by KANJI Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:10 am

I voted for PS3. Basically all the games series that I have been playing since the beginning are making their way over to the new Playstation. Final Fantasy XIII, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear 4, God of War 3, Dynasty Warriors 6 etc. All the games that I know and love with be on the PS3 so I got to get one! Very Happy
KANJI
KANJI
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by STR!DER Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:47 am

okay okay it seems that everyone is a ps3 fan boy or girl but the ps3 does have its flaws fist off sony sells u the cheaper model but offers no backwards compatability or wifi and limits the usb and gives u less harddrive space,gee thanx sony 4 such an awsome deal! secondsony has a long way to go with its psn it is okay but the lack in games makes me not go to its online store(which means fewer profit and that means less games) many of the titles offer no online play take virtual fighter 5 online 4 xbox 360 only thats lame and it came out 4 systems but choose the 360 online servics over the psn. well sony does offer free blueray player and many people talk smack that ps3 is too expensive well if u buy a blue ray player thats like 250 dollars just 4 that then take into the account that u get an 80 gig hard drive plus a free ps2 if u get the expensive version and u get a free 60 dollar game.well ps3 still needs to be honed to perfection until then many people will stick with wii or xbox 360.oh yeah i forgot to say the ps3 will win only if if the ps3 can beat the xbox 360 graphicly and push the limits of the ps3 blueray disks that way developes will want to go with the ps3 blue ray format.trust me developers always want more space.plus the development tools used on the ps3 r starting to pick up and its starting to become easier 4 them to make games 4 the system.take a look at the games last year.yeah nothin huh now look at todays games tons more to choose from well thats STR!DERS review on the ps3.
STR!DER
STR!DER
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamkin Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:32 pm

STR!DER wrote:fist off sony sells u the cheaper model but offers no backwards compatability or wifi and limits the usb and gives u less harddrive space,gee thanx sony 4 such an awsome deal!

XBox 360 did the exact same thing. but the PS3 has also gone way down in price (where I work we only sell the full version of it since the regular one didnt sell at all) and its only for about the same price as the xbox ELITE.

As for the Wii it also has its flaws in the controls. Some games make it work well but others it doesnt work at all.
Hamkin
Hamkin
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by UndeadLoveDog Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:09 pm

good point...the DBZ games were not very fun to play on the Wii... the controls were confusing and the system just didn't work...
UndeadLoveDog
UndeadLoveDog
True fighter
True fighter

Back to top Go down

Post by STR!DER Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:35 pm

wii seems ok but it does not suite me as i grew older i broke the kidish games i stopped playing game boy and traded it 4 my psp. i just dont like the wii any more if i was younger id have a wii right now but i guess nintendo just doesnt appeal to me anymore but id say nintendo comes up with great technological breakthroughs and i 4 one applaud nintendo on making games fun and original. still my ps3 pwns the 360 thats 4 sure! XD
STR!DER
STR!DER
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Uriko Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:05 pm

yeah!!! *claps*
Uriko
Uriko

Back to top Go down

Post by STR!DER Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:20 pm

Uriko wrote:yeah!!! *claps*
*bows in acceptance*
yep now i guess ill talk about 360 the system i do not like.the x box 360 is a good piece to decor ur room the x box 30 has an execellent online service that blows the ps3 outta the water all the games that r on 360 have online features so when u beat the game u can play online and that makes ur gaming experience a whole lot better when u can pwn some one from japan or russia or the uk and the 360has an awsome online store tons of content(makes u wish the ps3 had as much) games,videos,music,even i think movies all accesable through ur x box 360. another thing i will give microsoft is its design,the old xbox lookd horrible and weighed a ton plus it had bulky controllers,but all that was fixed and the new 360 emerged like a butterfly from a coccon. the thing that i dont like is that there r no rpgs 4 it well good ones at least and u didnt like the fact that u had to pay 60 bucks a year 4 its online service.but over all thanx to games like *cough*halo..its managed to keep its pace along with the popular Wii and the powerhouse that is the ps3.
STR!DER
STR!DER
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamkin Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:07 am

STR!DER wrote:
Uriko wrote:yeah!!! *claps*
*bows in acceptance*
yep now i guess ill talk about 360 the system i do not like.the x box 360 is a good piece to decor ur room the x box 30 has an execellent online service that blows the ps3 outta the water all the games that r on 360 have online features so when u beat the game u can play online and that makes ur gaming experience a whole lot better when u can pwn some one from japan or russia or the uk and the 360has an awsome online store tons of content(makes u wish the ps3 had as much) games,videos,music,even i think movies all accesable through ur x box 360. another thing i will give microsoft is its design,the old xbox lookd horrible and weighed a ton plus it had bulky controllers,but all that was fixed and the new 360 emerged like a butterfly from a coccon. the thing that i dont like is that there r no rpgs 4 it well good ones at least and u didnt like the fact that u had to pay 60 bucks a year 4 its online service.but over all thanx to games like *cough*halo..its managed to keep its pace along with the popular Wii and the powerhouse that is the ps3.

the thing is the XBox is renowned for its online services while the ps blows offline capability out of the water and often has amazingly deep story lines in its games. The nintendo line however is renowned for being innovative and coming up with new ideas and every now and then great titles such as zelda (love the series) and harvest moon (simple yet strangely addictive on my end).
Hamkin
Hamkin
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KANJI Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:56 am

I think you are taking this too seriously Strider Shocked I think most people decide on a system by what games it puts out.

lol anyways, I only voted for the PS3 because PS2 is my favorite system of all time. PS3 will someday destroy it in graphics if it hasn't already, like I said in my earlier post, all the games I play with be on PS3 so that is my main reason.

I like XBox360, but only for some games. XBox never made enough games for just that system that got me hooked. Truthfully, I only ever liked XBox because of Halo. Then they made Fable and Oblivion with the Shivering Isles expansion pack, but now Oblivion is on the PS3. But I still play it on XBox360.
KANJI
KANJI
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by STR!DER Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:19 am

YEAH I PLAY WAY TOO MANY GAMES! XD
STR!DER
STR!DER
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamkin Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:33 pm

STR!DER wrote:YEAH I PLAY WAY TOO MANY GAMES! XD

whats wrong with that o.o
Hamkin
Hamkin
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Acidreptile Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:19 pm

XBox360 is quite lame.Never played PS3 or Wii but I voted PS3 because judging by what I saw it haves more quality.
Acidreptile
Acidreptile

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Excessum Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:59 pm

NONE of these - PC all the way!!!

Let's face it: it is nearly impossible to play action shooters on a gamepad o_O Or strategies, or play MMORPG's without a keyboard and a mouse Rolling Eyes ok, of course there are mices and keyboards available for PS, but how many have got them? When it comes to input devices, you can plug in everything in-to your PC, starting from racing wheels and joypads to dance pads... or any other device and the choice of manufacturers is usually way bigger, thus the prices are also lower.
I really hate the fact that all the good PC games are now being adopted for consoles o_O Take UT3... omfg, it has always been a PC title, now, you can not neither fully customize your input preferences, neither graphic settings, it all has become too simple and dysfunctional, just to fit the consoles... GTA series? The same problem...
Did someone mention graphics? Wake me up, please, when a console will be released that can fully handle Crysis pirat
Anyways, PC is far more flexible, customizable, multi functional and POWERFUL than any of the consoles... mostly due to the fact that you can upgrade your PC to fit your needs at any time, but when it comes to consoles, you have to deal with the same hardware until a new version of console comes out >_<
Oh and one last thing: you can not buy a console to be able to play all the games... cyclops ...unlike with PC

But still, to stay on the topic, i would have to go with PS3, just because you are able to play the DBZ Budokai games on it X)
Excessum
Excessum
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Acidreptile Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:54 pm

I can play shooters with a gamepad Excessum.0_0.
Acidreptile
Acidreptile

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Excessum Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:48 pm

Yeah and you have to spend a whole hour just to get the crosshair on your target X)
Excessum
Excessum
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterflySpirit Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:29 am

Oh cookies.....I'm sooo behind I've only got xbox360, as far as new systems go....I'd have to get the wii and ps3 to figure out which one I like.....but then again it would be hard, cuz I like playing mario bros. and duck hunt from the first nintendo... the original pac man in atari... Yoshi's adventures from the second nintendo... doom from genesis (which I tell you I die right away)... paper mario from n64... Luigi's mansion from g-cube (which I still get frustrated in the end) ... Q-bert from ps1..... Lord of the rings :the two towers (I die fast there too) from ps2..... and Lego Star Wars the complete Saga from xbox360 (i like repeating this game ^_^)....... oh and I've managed to find some form of tetris for all these systems.... Oh and to top it all off I suck at Halo1, 2, & 3 can't wait to suck at #4 ^_^
ButterflySpirit
ButterflySpirit
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by STR!DER Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:38 pm

hehe the original duck hunt was the best i always wanted to shoot the dog! XD
STR!DER
STR!DER
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Excessum Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:22 am

Btw... did you know that while shooting with the light gun, you could control the ducks with the gamepad? X)
Excessum
Excessum
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by STR!DER Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:43 pm

no i didnt! XD nice any one ever played the contra series 4 nes.complely random!
STR!DER
STR!DER
Young warrior
Young warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Empress Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:50 pm

ButterflySpirit wrote:Oh and to top it all off I suck at Halo1, 2, & 3 can't wait to suck at #4 ^_^

hahaha....me too....my x-bf tried to teach me & he broke up with me because of it.
Empress
Empress
Young warrior
Young warrior

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterflySpirit Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:36 am

Thx for the tip excessum ^_^

poor empress-chan......that bf didn't deserve you...^_^

Since I only have xbox 360 as my newest system it really isn't that bad I like playing a demo game that comes with it.....but we can't download it.....no online service for it....as of yet....
ButterflySpirit
ButterflySpirit
Spammer
Spammer

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down